Double-click to start typing

JK HANDMADE KNIVES

javascript:void(0)

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Getting Ready For Thanksgiving

jkknives
Site Owner

We are starting to get ready, Angie and her family will be here around 5 this afternoon (in Atlanta right now, on their way!) Becky will be here, but not the girls, they will be with their Dad, Thanksgiving is his holiday this year, but we get Christmas. Buying the turkey tomorrow! Also, remember the big sale Thanksgiving morning! What are everyone elses plans?

November 22, 2014 at 8:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

mqqn

That is sad when the divorce causes the kids to not be around. Bummer. 

We have the whole fam-damily coming to our house. I'll have a smoked turkey and a fried turkey, but this year I am just having a local smokehouse prepare the smoked bird so I can relax and watch the bears game. 

It only takes an hour or so to cool the fried bird. 

My father is  going down south to be with my step-sisters in Missouri, they switch off so they can see everyone every other year. 

Today I have to get a fitting for my turkey frier to start getting ready. 

best 

mqqn

November 22, 2014 at 9:33 AM Flag Quote & Reply

jkknives
Site Owner

We used to have a house full when my Dad was still alive. It`s hard to believe he has been gone 11 years now. Nowadays my brother goes to his wife`s daughter`s house, Alison usually has to work, and that just leaves us, Angie, Mark, Jon, Emily, and Becky. I remember having to share holidays with my ex, but we always managed, We would have our dinner early, then Alison would go to her mom`s for a later dinner.

November 22, 2014 at 9:41 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Mack

I'll be heading to Denver on Sunday for a Wednesday delivery. I'll probably be driving somewhere between Denver and Washington on Thanksgiving. 
Have some turkey for me. I'll probably find a fast food place open if I'm lucky.

--

Mack

November 22, 2014 at 11:45 AM Flag Quote & Reply

kyenglish

we have some family coming over and are already plklanning the food, although we're not sur ehow many will make it yet I'm loking forward to it :)

--

kyenglish

November 22, 2014 at 3:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

jkknives
Site Owner

We are getting our turkey and other food tomorrow morning, then we have to find a birthday gift for Hanna, she will be 10 on Monday.

--

"Building Knives Meant To Be Used, One At A Time"

November 22, 2014 at 3:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.